Monday, February 25, 2008

and the computer went KABOOM

Did my taxes this weekend...that was good. Looking forward to my meager little refund check, I thought of all the things I could do with it. Pay off some bills. Buy some new supplies. Maybe take a little vacation. And that was just swell with me...

...then my computer went kaboom. *sigh*

Sooo, I spent just about one whole day without a computer. And ya know what? It really REALLY sucked. I mean, bad. Withdrawal doesn't even begin to describe it. Thankfully, my dad supplied me with one of his older computers (and he's so getting a kick ass father's day card this year or something, lol), so it's not so bad now. But earlier...yikes!

I guess the tax refund is going towards a new laptop...ah well. I needed a new one anyway I suppose. But you wanna know the saddest thing about my dead computer? I mean, aside from all the lost pictures and files that I never made the time to back up? The fact that I was absolutely lost with a damn computer.

Technology...a blessing and a curse.

1 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

I hear ya. I get really pissy if I can't get online, let alone have my whole computer blow up.

Hope you get your new one soon!