Thursday, February 21, 2008

Doses of Sunshine...

I don't know about you...but I'm ready for some sunshine! (minus the snow flurries, that is.)

My affair with winter is most definitely over. Ok, I admit...I'm always a little taken with the beauty of the first good snow...when the trees are coated in white and the streets are untouched and serene. And yeah, I enjoy a white christmas. I'll even own up to the short lived obsession with hot chocolate.

But in all seriousness, I'm really done now.

So since I can't necessarily take on mother nature, I've been trying to infuse my shop with sunshine instead! Bright colors...bold & vibrant...are taking over. And though I know it's not the most *popular* color in the world, I've been absolutely obsessed with bright, happy, sunshine YELLOW! Yes, yellow is everywhere! And I'm finding that it really is a bit of a mood booster...

Now if you've been here before (in my nifty little blog), you'll have noticed that I have a love for vintage components...like lucite. And the wonderful thing about lucite or vintage glass is that it comes in soooooo many amazing colors and textures. Did you know how many tones and textures of yellow there are? Ohmygosh, it's amazing!

So when the day is grey (and windy/snowy/icky as can be), and you need some springtime and warmth...sneak a peek into the shop and indulge in some SUNSHINE ♥

9 comments:

lauren bacchus said...

I love your photographs! They really capture your jewelry beautifully.

Bella Rosa said...

Thanks for brightening my day with your lovely earrings!
I too am definitely ready for spring!

decadentdiamond said...

I love yellow and I love lucite!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

I love yellow--it's pretty popular with me! Beautiful earrings and your pictures ARE beautiful!
Smiles, Karen

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Very pretty!

rtisan said...

very colorful and pretty earrings! I think we are all looking forward to spring

Anonymous said...

Beautiful jewelry.
I'm ready for some warmth and sunshine too !!

ThePeachTree said...

Love the sunshine :)

Rocki Adams said...

These are so pretty! I added some sunshine to my shop last week too.