Sunday, January 13, 2008

So me and vintage, yeah...we have this 'thing'

I'm hopelessly addicted to vintage.

There I said it. Whew! Feels good to get that off my chest ;)

haha, ok well in all seriousness, I do have this problem with vintage...especially supplies. I ADORE adding vintage accents in my jewelry. And then, of course, in my quest to find unique pieces I inevitably buy waaaaaaaay too much. And then I need to destash like the bad, bad vintage hoarder I am :P

Like look at these...how cool are they? I stumbled across them (in that sneaky, secret way I do *cough, estate sales, antique stores, cough*) and at first had NO CLUE what the heck they were. After a bit of clean up...scrubbing away the dirt...I found that they are old, brass time check cards! How cool, huh? So of course, I'm using a couple of them as pendant pieces...and a few friends have asked for one or two for scrapbooking. So one would naturally assume they'd all be accounted for, yeah? Um no. I couldn't buy one, two or ten of them...I bought 72.

Or these...old vintage tokens! They're brassy and definitely old. Some are cleaner than others...and some have a heavy patina...but really, they are special (in my ever so humble opinion). What's great about them is that they have larger holes in the center, which makes them awesome for jewelry! Some are 'For Amusement Only', others are 'Good for One Package of Mints', but all of them are quite vintage & super nifty. Again...do I buy one or two? Nope! I buy...well, lots.

I'm not even going to tell ya about the old skeleton keys...See? told ya I had a problem! *sigh* destash time again...at least others will benefit from my overbuying :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

those tokens are sooooooo great! what a terrific find. i'm jealous.