Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Valentine's Day MADNESS!

I'm in a chatty mood...so don't mind me if I start rambling ;)

Promoting a business, as small as mine may be, can be hard stuff! And sometimes it feels like the hours upon hours I spend getting my name out there, is for nothing. Wait a minute...you mean that my few accounts in random places aren't going to equal instant success? hehe, yes, I indulge in that instant success fantasy sometimes and get a bit...irked...when it doesn't happen. Just cause I realize something is illogical doesn't mean I'm gonna stop being illogical! lol...friends just shake their head at me.

Well, anyway...so I've been promoting my little heart out...especially for the Valentine's day season. I have some pieces that I absolutely love and would really like to see them fly out of my shop. A lot of romantic brass pieces...and a few funky vintage-y pieces. In fact, I am SO excited about the season, I did something I NEVER do...I bought a spot in the Etsy Valentine Gift Guide! Cool, huh? Yeah, I highlighted my 'Stupid Cupid' earrings so you'd believe me, lol.
I know, silly me, thinking that a front page link will get me somewhere. BUT, I've gotten tons of views and a bunch of hearts in my shop...so I'm really happy as a clam ♥

Wanna know what else made me smile? I found myself in an Etsy treasury! Tied Up Memories (who, by the way, has a FANTASTIC shop set up over on Etsy...click on her link & check her out!) created this LOVE-ly list, entitled 'Love is in the Air'! I love being in sweet lil' treasuries like that (ok, I love being in ANY treasury, hehe) But this one really is cute...and I'm so honored to be a part of it! Now if only I had the Paypal cash to buy up half the darn treasury. *sigh*

Thanks, Tied Up Memories! You're the best ;)

Well, I suppose I should go and...oh, I don't know...make something! I've been slacking off a bit lately. I think it's those late nights in the Etsy forums (and for those of you out there that stalk the forums when you can't sleep at night, you know what I'm talking about!) I think I want to start creating bracelets again...hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you're doing a great job...it's hard to promote a business and propel it forward, but your jewelry is beautiful, and congrats on the Etsy inclusion, especially for the Valentine's Day season. There's nothing better than sharing something unique and special for the holidays, especially jewelry. My Dove has this great contest going called "Expressions of Love," which allows you to show off the unique ways you say I love you, while also giving you the opportunity to win a 5.58cts. "Baby's Breath Diamond Necklace" worth over 21K. They also allow you personalize your chocolate wrappers with your own unique little message. How cute and romantic! You should check it out at http://www.mydovechocolate.com It's a great way to win some prizes, express your love, and share your feelings for Valentine's Day (I know 'cause I work with them and have the inside scoop).

MMsDesigns said...

I feel ya...but somehow I know that every little thing I do to promote my shop will effect it in some way, shape or form...no matter how big or small! So keep promoting your heart out!